Friday, July 31, 2009

Black Women's Arts Festival Newsletter 7/31/09

Hellooooo Beautiful people!!

So excited about BWAF 2009 (Thurs 7/30 thru Sun 8/2)!!

FOUR DAYS

9 PHILADELPHIA VENUES

OVER 50 ARTISTS!!


Last night we had a beautiful opening ceremony at Circle of Hope - so much beauty - followed by dancing and live
performances at Rum Bar hosted by "Any Questions?" a great party that happens at Rum Bar every last Thursday with DJs
BFree and Pheonix!


Tonight there are lots of events happening - check www.BWAFphilly.org for the complete schedule - but I'm heading now to
Kaffa Crossing where I'll be hosting 2 open mics, singing and playing guitar, and there will be other featured acts as well.


If you can only make one or two shows this weekend, you MUST make it to:

Sizzle: A Night of Burlesque at the Rotunda tomorrow night (SaturdaY) followed by Monica's Going Away AND Birthday Party
afterwards at another place- I think Stir, but check the schedule to be sure!

I'm not glamorized yet with my own portable internet device so I'm at the Van Pelt Library on UPenn's campus at 34th & Walnut...

Gotta rush to Kaffa now to see your lovely faces.

Hope you can be there or at any other event (the always adorable Jack Drummond will be hosting the event at Green Line Cafe
and I SO wish I could skip out and go give him a hug - I haven't seen him in YEARS!)


Enjoy the weekend, everyone - and I'll try to write again soon -

Oh, Children's Storytime at Big Blue Marble Books tomorrow morning, and Vendor's Marketplace at Arts Garage --- so
much to do, so little time!

Whoo-hoo!!



Cassendre Xavier
BWAF Founder (and soon to be Executive Director) -you heard it here first, folks!


http://BWAFphilly.org

No comments:

Post a Comment